Advanced Wilderness First Aid
Duration: 40 hours minimum (50% of course in non-urban setting). Flexible scheduling options.
Comprehensive First Aid and CPR techniques for those who need a higher level of training to work and respond to emergencies in isolated or wilderness settings. Training is also suitable for those who act as guides or supervisors for groups of people. The course covers material in Standard First Aid & CPR, plus advanced strategies for providing extended care for more than 24 hours. Part of the course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training.
- Your health
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- Cardiac and respiratory arrest (includes CPR-C)
- Airway emergencies
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Extended care
Evacuation: transporting the ill or injured person
- Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First Aid Field Guide
- Certification card and optional wall certificate (or as required by legislation)
Contact us Today
Check out the calendar to see when this course is offered next or contact us if you have any questions.