Swiftwater Safety Rescue Tech 2 – Operations
Swiftwater Safety Rescue Technician Level 2 course is designed for those that are required to be next to the water’s edge and in a low-medium risk river environment. This course is based on personal risk, self-rescue, and teammate rescue. The course is designed for those that will be required to operate in the “warm zone”.
By the end of the course the students will have the following understanding:
- Swiftwater theory and absolutes
- Site assessment and emergency planning
- Risk assessment and responsibility
- Personal protective equipment
- Swiftwater communications
- Hydrology and hazard recognition
- Basic Swiftwater swimming
- Basic throwbag and belay
- Swiftwater wading
- Entrapment rescue
- Basic swiftwater rope
- Personal and subject profiling
- Agency task specific
- Completion of Swiftwater Awareness Course (Included)
- Good Health
- Able to Swim
- Training will be 2-days plus eLearning.
- eLearning will be sent approximately 2-weeks prior to training and is to be completed prior to the start of the course.
- 2-days practical training on the river
- Swiftwater Safety Rescue Technician Level 2
- Rescue Canada and IRIA certified.
- Valid for three (3) years
Contact us Today
Check out the calendar to see when this course is offered next or contact us if you have any questions.