Student Code of Conduct
As a participant in a course facilitated by BFA, you agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct and General Rules:
- Participants will respect all persons at all times. Abusive language, words, and/or behaviour will not be tolerated and may be grounds for dismissal without reimbursement.
- Participants in the Wilderness and Remote First Aid (WRFA) will be required to complete the Canadian Red Cross Risk Awareness and Release Form prior to the start of any wilderness-based training.
- Participants will not willfully damage any property of BFA, the instructor, or other students.
- Participants who appear intoxicated or otherwise impaired will not be permitted to attend training, and may be dismissed without reimbursement at any time.
- Participants in all classes are required to wear appropriate footwear (no open toes / sandals / flip flops).
- Participants who do not meet minimum course requirements / pre-requisites or minimum recommended experience may be dismissed from the class, without refund, at the discretion of the instructor.
- Participants must be present for all components of the class in order to be successful. Failure to return from allotted breaks in a timely fashion may result in dismissal from the class, and may result in additional fees for make-up training sessions at a later date.
Certificate of Responsibility and Physical Fitness
Certain courses can be physically demanding and may involve risks incidental to the function of such training. By completing registration and signing the waiver, the attendee and/or their sponsor assumes all such risk and responsibility for the registrant’s participation in the programs and his/her physical ability to participate. Any existing and/or previous medical problems, including those that may arise as a result of physical activity, must be brought to the instructor’s attention before the commencement of the program
Personal Information & Privacy Act Declaration
Personally identifiable information is collected upon registration, via BFA’s Registration Form. Data collected may include, but is not limited to, first name, middle initial, last name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. Your information is securely stored and is only used to register your certification(s) with the Canadian Red Cross or other partner organizations, depending on the program taken
On the day of the course students should bring:
- Notebook and pencil/pen
- Indoor/outdoor clothing appropriate to the weather
- Footwear for rough terrain (Wilderness First Aid)
- For WFA please bring lunch, snacks, drinks (a thermos is recommended)