Wilderness First Responder
Duration: Eighty (80) hours. Flexible delivery options available.
• Rescuers who specialize in decision-making, evacuation, and transport in a remote or wilderness setting. Suitable for those who work in remote emergency services, remote worksites, ski patrol, search and rescue etc.
• Challenging environments with varied terrain and risk levels
• They are responding as part of a designated team in a targeted capacity where survival may be compromised
Planned Trip: Targeted rescue. Outdoor professional or emergency responders operating in wilderness environments.
Care: Participants learn skills and strategies for urgent evacuation and, at times, extended care (5+ days)
Key Learning Concepts:
• Leadership skills
• Expectation to provide care
• Use of professional tool kit and resources
• Extrication and rescue decision- making
Take Home Materials:
• Wilderness & Remote Field Guide
• Emergency Care for Professional Responders reference text (digital eBook)
• Emergency Care for Professional Responders Workbook (optional)
Contact us Today
Check out the calendar to see when this course is offered next or contact us if you have any questions.