COVID-19: STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
As we navigate our way through the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to reach out to our clients directly. BFA is committed to caring for the health and well-being of our clients and staff during these unprecedented times. As such, we are following the strategies mandated by the Public Health Agency of Canada, as well as provincial and territorial Departments of Health and the Canadian Red Cross. These strategies include:
- Actively encouraging sick employees to stay home
- Emphasizing cough and sneeze etiquette and hand hygiene
- Routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace.
- Practicing social distancing in the workplace
- Remote work planning should the need arise
For your protection, we are changing the way we engage with clients. Most of our programs are scheduled to resume this summer, with modifications to delivery. We are presently finalizing a strategy to adapt our wilderness first aid programs to comply with the physical distancing directives mandated by health authorities. More information regarding these modifications are forthcoming and will be disseminated on our website and social media platforms. As being in nature is one of the activities promoted by PHAC, and regional health authorities, we are excited to offer clients the opportunity to engage in experiential learning in the great outdoors. Our core first aid, water rescue and professional responder programs will incorporate stringent protocols for physical distancing, the use of training manikins and other learning aids and personal protective equipment (PPE). In addition, participants will be required to undergo a pre-screening, which includes a brief questionnaire and an attestation of wellness. More information will be relayed to you upon registration and prior to arrival at the training facility.
We appreciate your continued support and we invite your feedback and questions. Changes may occur from day to day as information is shared by our government and health organizations. If there are any significant changes, we will take to our website and social media to provide updates. We appreciate your understanding and patience should this cause any interruptions to our team or business as usual
For more information about this important health issue, you can visit:
- Government of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/
- Government of Nunavut: https://www.gov.nu.ca/health/information/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
- Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019